Sometimes first aid isn't a bandage or CPR. Sometimes, first aid is YOU.
- Date & Time: Feb. 12 & 13, 2018 from 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Location: Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave, Park City, UT 84060
- Provided at No Cost – Valued at $170
- Provided by: The Speedy Foundation, Wasatch & Squatters Breweries, & the Park City Library
- Registration Required: course needs at least 10 participants for the class to take place. Maximum capacity is 30: https://ymhfaparkcity.eventbrite.com
- Please bring a sack lunch, as we will take a short 30-minute lunch break.
- Must attend both sessions to obtain YMHFA certificate.
Suicide is the leading cause of death for Utah’s youth.
Help prevent youth suicide by learning how to identify and support an adolescent experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis. This training is designed to teach parents, teachers, coaches and anyone who regularly interacts with young people, how to identify and support an adolescent in crisis and thus reduce their risk of suicide. Anyone 18 or older can take YMHFA, but it is recommended for those who regularly have contact with young people ages 12 to 18.
Learn more about this training here:https://www.thespeedyfoundation.org/what-is-youth-mental-health-first-aid