This 4 part training is designed for educators and others who work with youth to explore Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the need to youth to build a health relationship with at least one caring adult, become certified in Youth Mental Health First Aid, learn about community mental health resources, and develop a deeper understanding of resilience and grit in youth. Continuing education credits will be available.
- Paper Tigers documentary and discussion on ACE's (night 1, Tue. Oct. 25 from 4:30pm-8:30pm)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid training (night 2 & 3, Wed. & Thur. Oct. 26 and 27 from 4:30pm-8:30pm)
- Resilience in Education project (night 4, Fri. Oct. 28 from 4:30pm-8:30pm)
Cost is free. The approximate cost for a two hour CPR certification course ranges from $25-60. The approximate cost for 7-8 hour children's first aid course is $150-200. The approximate cost for the eight hour YMHFA training is $170. If you are able to make a donation, please click HERE. Your kindness touches many lives.
Continuing Education Credits are available ($60) through:
- Boise State University (link coming soon)
- Northwestern Nazarene University (link coming soon)
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS:
- Equipment and facility is being provided by the Idaho Education Association.
- Materials and the facilitator is being provided by The Speedy Foundation.