Have you met our friend Sally?
Sally Spencer-Thomas is a clinical psychologist, inspirational international speaker and an impact entrepreneur. Dr. Spencer-Thomas was moved to work in suicide prevention after her younger brother, a Denver entrepreneur, died of suicide after a difficult battle with bipolar condition. Known nationally and internationally as an innovator in social change, Spencer-Thomas has helped start up multiple large-scale, gap filling efforts in mental health, including the award-winning campaign Man Therapy and the nation’s first initiative for suicide prevention in the workplace.
She will be keynoting Lewiston’s “Taking Action, Saving Lives: Aspiring to a Zero Suicide Mindset” conference on April 15, 2019.
Full of thought provoking lecture, engaging case studies, and guided instruction on a host of tools and resources, this presentation will help you:
▪ Identify and explore clinicians fears
▪ Compassionately elicit expressions of suicidal thought.
▪ Formulate a game-plan for crisis when suicide is imminent.
▪ Intervene in suicidal despair with proactive approaches derived from the evidence-based practices
▪ Develop a plan to reduce access to lethal means
▪ Effectively use targeted language with suicidal clients that will help you avoid stigma and successfully build collaborative plans for wellbeing
▪ Provide innovative grief support resources that connect clients and clinicians with other survivors of suicide and suicide loss
Feel confident and capable to work with suicidal clients and guide them out of the darkness and back into the light!